Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 703-260-6070
The Rohrstaff Law Firm

The Rohrstaff Law Firm

Call 703-260-6070
Fax 703-260-6305

I was in a car wreck. Have permanent back injuries and lots of medical expenses. My lawyer tells me the other driver only has $100,000 insurance. Can I get any more than that?.


Whether you can get more compensation than $100,000 from the other driver's insurance coverage depends on you have the kind of coverage on your own insurance policy that fills the gap. If you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage that is more than $100,000 then, yes, you can get additional coverage from your own  insurance company. If you do not, it is unlikely that you can get more than $100,000.

I hope you have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage at the highest level your insurance company will sell you. It covers you and your family for injuries related to an automobile -- even if you are a pedestrian or a passenger in another car. It is the most important coverage your can buy for your family.

This coverage is so important that we will do a free insurance coverage evaluation for you. Contact us at [email protected], call 703-260-6070 or send a question through the website and ask for your free evaluation.