Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 703-260-6070
The Rohrstaff Law Firm

The Rohrstaff Law Firm

Call 703-260-6070
Fax 703-260-6305

The insurance company won't pay me as much as I owe on the car. What can I do?

If your car is fairly new and is a total loss, you could end up owing money for a car you don't even have anymore - and the finance company will want its money now that it has no security. This is called being "upside down" on your loan. Unfortunately, the insurance company is not required to pay more money for your car simply because you are "upside down" with your car loan.
Sandra Rohrstaff
Connect with me
Virginia Child Injury and Elder Abuse Attorney