Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 703-260-6070
The Rohrstaff Law Firm

The Rohrstaff Law Firm

Call 703-260-6070
Fax 703-260-6305

The other driver's insurance company wants to interview me on the telephone and record what I say. Should I do that?


You should not give a recorded statement to an adjuster until you have talked to a lawyer. The adjuster is trained to try to get you to say things that are not helpful to your case and that, in fact, could result in the insurance company denying liability. Before talking to the adjuster for the other driver at all, contact a lawyer. You don't want to be the only person who does not know what is going on.

Sandra has written a book -- Now What? -- that explains everything you should do (and NOT do) after being injured in a motor vehicle collision. It's free. Just call 703-260-6070 or email [email protected] -- or fill out the form on the website -- and we will send it right to you.

Nobody should have to deal with the insurance company without information.

Sandra Rohrstaff
Connect with me
Virginia Child Injury and Elder Abuse Attorney