Go to navigation Go to content
Phone: 703-260-6070
The Rohrstaff Law Firm

The Rohrstaff Law Firm

Call 703-260-6070
Fax 703-260-6305

Who fixes my car?

If the other driver who was at fault has property damage liability coverage, his insurance company should take care of fixing the damage to your car. The other driver's insurance company will call to let you know where to take the car for a damage estimate. Generally, you do not have a choice of where to get the estimate for your car's damage. The insurance company will send you to a place where it does a lot of business and has a relationship.

But, if you disagree with the amount the company wants to pay for your car (because, for instance, you think the company did not completely examine the damage from the wreck), and the dispute delays the repair of your car, your own insurance company can take care of repairing the car if you have collision coverage. (Your insurance company will then go to the other company to get its money back.)

Sandra Rohrstaff
Connect with me
Virginia Child Injury and Elder Abuse Attorney